Monday, July 5, 2010

Are you awake?

Most of the time, Say Go Be Do moments come as a task to be accomplished, something we must do - or say, or be. Most often, with these Say Go Be Do's, we have no idea why or how, and often they don't seem to make sense, but we know that is what we need to do, so we do it anyway because we recognize the Voice from which they come.

Occasionally, for me at least, they also come as a sort of "if-then" statement - "if you do this, then that will happen." It doesn't seem like there is a logical connection between the two, but I just know what will happen if I take a certain action.

For instance, yesterday I had the hiccups. I know, a very small thing. Yet, I was wondering how to get rid of them as I went about my daily activities. Glancing in my purse, I saw a box of Altoids. Suddenly, I knew quite positively that if I had a mint, my hiccups would go away. They did.

Small thing, of course, yet when I think about what happened after that yesterday, I begin to wonder if there are any truly insignificant things. You see, yesterday I was in a difficult place, and had gotten into a state of being I did not want. I felt negative, critical, and pessimistic. Also, as usually happens when you are in the wrong state of being, I thought I was doing perfectly fine. I knew I was not happy, yet still I thought I was alright. However, after the Altoids incident, I felt to really seek my Father in Heaven for a change of heart. It took some effort, but finally my state shifted, and I was able to go through the process to be in a place of happiness and SayGoBeDo again. I was back in the Spirit. Words cannot describe how important that shift was for me.

Coincidence? Perhaps. Yet I think sometimes God gives us Say Go Be Do moments, like telling me how to get rid of the hiccups, to show that He cares, and also to remind us where the center of all our thoughts should be anyway. They are a wake up call to turn to the things that really matter - like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment