Tuesday, July 6, 2010

To act....

A few months ago, I was having a wonderful conversation with a dear friend of mine when the topic turned to relationships. She said that she was "sort of" dating a guy. He was very attractive, polite, and she really liked him. However, things were a little iffy in essentials. There were some questions as to whether or not he had as strong a testimony of the truth and religion as she liked. As we continued talking, I felt like I should say to her, "But Katie, I wish I could see you with someone where there was no question about his testimony." We continued talking, and shared more thoughts and ideas before the conversation turned again.

A few weeks past, and the next time I talked to my friend, she had broken things off with this guy, although they were still good friends. She said that she wanted someone where there really was no question. In the same visit, I met someone else she had begun to hang out with, a "good friend." There was no question about him.

Long story short, she is now engaged. I'm sure things would have worked out the way they were supposed to anyway, but I am very grateful I followed that Voice that told me to say a few small sentences in a casual conversation with a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment