Sunday, July 11, 2010

Study

It seems to me that my study lately (which has taken up quite a bit of my free time, and has even acted as an excuse for me to not write on my blog which I hae loved for so very long :-) has been the greatest form of service I have had! For instance, the other ady I spent an entire afternoon reflecting on, studying, and searching for answers on the topic of agency in realtion to knowledge. I did this specifically for the purpose of using it to teach others the power that we have is naturally magnified by the amount of knowledge we have. A friend out of nowhere asked me about my thoughts on this issue "well I happened to study it ALL day, here's what I think"
Not too long after taht another friend asked me how he cn better prepare for a mission, or at least my thoughts on it. I had the opportunity to teach him that the greatest power to help a person in that way is through conviction wrought by personal experience with the subject; a lesson recently pounded into my heart again and again. and then today I felt like I should go on facebook and post a status, and lo and behold three amazing people said "Thank you" and "this is what I needed today."
What a great lesson for me to have hammered into me, that my study is best for me when I put it to use in helping other people! Yeah woo yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment