Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fight to Act

Sometimes you feel like you should do something but for a reason you don’t hope to guess at nothing works out at first. You’re asking yourself the question” was I really feeling this or was it just my body playing tricks on me?” For the past two months I’ve been fighting to get into BYU for their summer language program. Everything I seemed to do was rejected at every turn. I felt that the Lord wanted me down there but even my Bishop called me in to give me a calling. I was fighting strong when BYU told me they didn’t want me. At that point I asked myself the question again but I knew the answer and knew already what I needed to do. I fought harder and told BYU to relook and to let me in. Four days before classes started my Dad said “great, I’m glade you’re sticking around; I could really use your help, you can be my campaign manager”. Later that evening I received an email saying that BYU had changed their minds and that my fighting had paid off. I know things don’t always turn out like this but there are times we just need to go through the process.

I arrived here at BYU this evening and there were about five people playing folk music out front on the grass. It sounded great! The thought came to mind “ask if they have room for a banjo”. I did and they welcomed me in. Next Saturday I will be playing with the group down at Thanksgiving Point for an event. Chance feeling, chance result, I don’t think so. Act or be acted upon.

3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely amazing and BYU will soon realize that they should be honored to have you! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and saygobedo with us! Wo Ai Ni Guo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that ! Its like me or what happened to me .Im glad you did not give up. Thanks for this article it helps me to stay strong and not to give up .Im glad you got what you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Justin!!! I'm so glad to hear that! "I have fought the good fight, I have stayed my course, I have kept the faith". And folk music??? Perfect! That's my favorite! Congratulations on the gig my friend :-)

    ReplyDelete