Friday, June 25, 2010

Honest with Myself

What is the greatest thing we can learn in this life? It is my opinion that there is no greater truth we can discover than personal identity. "Who am I?" is uttered by every soul on the earth, whether it be silently or verbally, at some point in life. I have learned who I am; I have learned who everybody else is; and I know what it is I am intended to do (in a broad sense, and I discover the particulars as I continue on my journey).
But I am just a man, and as a man I am an example of the rest of humanity. We all are meant to find, or rather, create who we are as individuals and as a collective. This weekend I have had cousins in town whom I have never been close with in the entirety of my life. So I jsut tried my best to be hones with who I am, honest with who they are, and honest about what I believe. Many different Saygobedos have come in that short time so far, and today my cousin, who is still trying to establish who he is as a man, said to me "Kyle, you're a good person...you're a great role model." I didn't feel taht I had done anything special of unique, but I simply tried my best top act according to who I feel I am.
I'm quite excited that each person can have an impact regardless of how weak he/she is.
"The weak things of the world shall go forth and break down the mighty and strong ones..."

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) because he says my strength lays in your weakness.Nephi..Who am I ? Elisah said : Im not -Im what he wants me to be.

    ReplyDelete