Sunday, June 20, 2010

Just one example...

Whenever I get an impression to take a step into the dark and talk to friends which I haven't spoken to for a while I become anxious (Self-conscious)and usually displace the thought as soon as I can. But the other day i had the impressions to, not only call up a friend and talk to him, but to ask him a question about something that had been on my mind for a while but had just come to the forefront of my conscious thoughts. I fully felt that this was from God and i needed to do it. But when I called, to my dismay, there was no answer.
Today he called back and we had a great conversation about the "Gift of the Discerning of Spirits," which i feel is essential to understand if I'm going to be committed to this Saygobedo challenge and avoid deception by myself or the adversary. He gave me his opinion on the matter and pointed me to the Doctrine and Covenants section 6. In verse 16 its teaches that only God can know the thoughts and intents of our hearts, and therefore all Satan and his angels can do is make their best guesses about what would be the most powerful temptation for us. I give Satan far too much credit, assuming that he has the knowledge to tempt me with the antithesis of a prompting right before it comes in an effort to distract my attention. But he can't, he can only guess what's going on, and he doesn't know the thoughts of God! So here's my new principle, whatever comes first I will follow with my heart, mind, and soul "doubt[ing] not, fear[ing] not", otherwise, if I doubt, Satan will use truth against me and I will hesitate, thereby missing the opportunity granted to me.
This was an amazing day for revelation! I'm very grateful for it, very much so indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Kyle,

    Thanks so much! Wow, I needed that! I'd never thought about it quite in that way before.

    ReplyDelete