Friday, June 25, 2010

Jumping In

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for your posts so far. The inspire me.

I have had so many SayGoBeDo moments recently that it would be difficult to describe them all at once. I suppose that is why we need to blog daily. I guess my 30 days starts today.

A major SGBD that affected me recently came not through me, but through a friend of mine who followed her impression. She and her husband had been making some decisions about work, and really seeking direction about it. She had been praying a lot but never quite felt like she had received any direction. The other evening, all she felt was that she should call me.

So, she called me and we had a good discussion. We were to the point where it was about time to hang up when I had the feeling that I should ask her how she and her husband were doing financially. She told me their situation and their frustrations. Her husband felt like he needed to strike out on his own, help build and run something. They had talked to people from a school where we had both worked before, but nothing seemed to be happening, and that she felt like she should call me. She had been going on for about 5 minutes when finally it hit me - I was starting a school, and needed someone with exactly his skill set to help me! It made me laugh how long it took for me to realize exactly what was going on.

That one conversation enabled at least half a dozen other important conversations with a number of other people in the past few days. I am always amazed at how much Heavenly Father is a master of timing. Even one day later that conversation would have been much different. As it is, I know that He knows what is going on, and He will make everything work out for our good, perfectly!

1 comment:

  1. Emily,
    Tank you thank you thank you for blogging! I am so excited to hear all about your Saygobedos :-) I imagine great things in store for us and for many...! (the elipses into the exclamation point are my building excitement)
    Can't wait to read more :-)

    ReplyDelete