Sunday, June 13, 2010

Ya know, I'm glad I did that.

What more can I say than visit the sick and the afflicted? When i woke up this morning it was to the tune of Kalai, which is great, but it's not the Sunday type of music i was looking for. So I did what i could to get the words of "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" in my mind, and life seemed to be good from there. After church, saygobedo suggested my visiting an old Alzheimer patient named Mary Perkins (I am in LVOE with Mary Perkins!). she cracks me up man, so I was like "Yeah, let's do it!" and off i go, I also had the chance to mee Ramona and Mr's Yazzi.
After a lovely visit there, I felt impressed to go and see a woman i hometaught with a highpriest fella when i was fifteen (quick math problem. 22-15=7, 7 years ago (ahahah)), but she wasn't home, or maybe she passed away, I don;t exactly know. as i drive away i see the house of another family i hometaught with the same highpriest man; the Greys. "Hey, go visit the Greys"
"When? Now?"
"Yeah"
"Really? Shouldn't i bring them something? Like cookies maybe?"
"No. What if they have diabetes? You don't know"
"I feel like i should do some prep work..."
"No, you're fine. Just go do it. Saygobedo"
"ok, fine. give me the strenght and I'll do it"
I walk up to the door with a few butterflies. Brother Grey invites me on in and I ask to sit down. This was truly a miraculous meeting. Sister grey has been laid up for months with health issues and has not been able to get to church at all in that time (she had a hard tom seven years ago, let alone now!) She was so shocked to see who I was and even more surprised at the fact that i would take enough note of them to come and visit them. Through the course of the conversation I felt that i should sing them a hymn (She LOVES music), thinking maybe it would help ease the burden of being away from the church. I ask them if i can and they, of course, permit it. So I sang "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" and then "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and it made her life! (well...her day). She was so appreciative! Then she asked me to go next door and sing to her brother and his family whose father (in his 90's) had just passsed away two days ago, and that was also a very powerful meeting for us all.
But the greatest part of the whole day was when I left the Greys, and asked Sister Grey if I could give her a hug. She gave me the BIGGEST HUG OF MY LIFE! I didn't think that she had the strength! It was a fantastic experience. They invited me back anytime i wanted and immediately fear began to pummel me from all sides. But what reason have I to fear? The Lord is on my side! And to men can do anything! so long as one of those two men is God ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment