Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Go to the Temple, Now"

Thursday morning the universe conspired to allow me to get of work at 8:30 in the morning. "well shat should i do now?" i thought. "go study your scriptures on the swing" I was told. "will I need my study journal?" i asked. "no study journal" I was told. So off I go, and after about five minutes of studyingi felt strongly and repeatedly "You need to go to the temple, now." Ok, to the temple I'll go.
With each step and each prayer i felt an assurance that this was the right thing to do, despite it being quite inconvenient and contrary to my plans of going Saturday morning with my friend. Conversely, with each answer from God, i had threee answers from Satan and my own fear. I soon ahd a hard time discerning the spirits aboput what i should do, what i should do on the way, who i should call about things, all sorts of things i needed to study out before i went to the temple. It was about the msot frustrating trip to the temple I've ever ahd for about half of the time to there from Panguitch. I drove the same stretch of raod three or five times in an attempt to find what answer I needed. I had to stop and sleep in my car because I was too tired to keep going. Pretty soon i was "cumbered about with much worrying" and found myself lost in a see of doubts and lesser things.
Alas and curses! My conviction had wained and I was beginnning to be left unto myself; seeking knowledge of details without need, relying too much upon the Lord's hand moving me forcefully, not listening for the WHISPERINGS of the spirit and for peace to be guiding me. (Satan, you're a jerk!)
At last, after allowing the lesser things to be worked out, and doing my best to keep the original intention of the saygobedo moment, I made it to the temple, and all of the important details were taken care of by a mightier power, and the items of lesser importance fell out of my life. The result of the temple trip? A paradigm shift. A new resolve for good. A lesson in Bondage. An additional and clearly stated purpose for my existence. Guidance for my next few steps. Greater integrity. Time with amazing friends. And greatest of all, a knowledge of who I am in the eternities.
Hopefully the next "Kyle, go [______], now" will be accepted more graciously . i suspect it will :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment